Scheps Omni Channel
The Channel Strip. Perfected.Designed with Grammy-winning mixer Andrew Scheps (Adele, Jay Z, Metallica), this flexible channel strip delivers Andrew’s time-tested combinations of compression, EQ, saturation colors and more – all crafted to work together beautifully and cohesively.
Channel strips are the mixing world’s most efficient tools, providing all your basic processing – EQ, compression, gating, and often more – in one modular, easy-to-manage unit.
Mixers choosing which channel strip to work with often face a dilemma, however: Channel strip plugins based on vintage mixing consoles can sound amazing, but tend to tie you down to a very specific and limited sonic color. Modular channel strip plugins let you mix and match diverse processors with flexibility, but the different processors might not work together cohesively and won’t necessarily interact as a true channel strip.
Scheps Omni Channel gives you the best of both worlds. Through years of mixing diverse music genres, Andrew Scheps has perfected certain combinations of go-to processors – some based on classic hardware units, some being innovative modules developed from scratch – each with its own unique character. They are all now provided to you in one flexible yet fully cohesive channel strip plugin.
Scheps Omni Channel features six modules that you can use in any order you like:
- The Pre module provides three types of analog saturation, letting you add diverse colors of harmonic distortion as well as filters and thump (resonance) controls.
- The Compression module features 3 completely different compressors ranging from fast to slow and smooth, with a unified control set so you can quickly compare them. A Wet/Dry control allows you to parallel compress within the module.
- The EQ module is a 4-band equalizer; each band providing a distinct musical sound that holds up on its own or can be switched to fully parametric if surgical EQ is required.
- The DS2 module is so much more than a de-esser, with two full-range bands and four filter types allowing it to ‘de-anything’ – remove any offending frequencies, not just S’s or T’s.
- The Gate module gives you all the standard controls (threshold, attack and release) for gating/expansion, but also lets you adjust the maximum noise reduction to maintain a consistent noise floor.
- If that’s not enough, Scheps Omni Channel features an insert slot that can be positioned anywhere in the chain, where you can insert an additional Waves plugin of your choice, including an extra instance of any of the Scheps Omni Channel modules.
For live sound, Scheps Omni Channel offers zero latency and fullest discrete control over each stereo channel. Select controls of the compressor, EQ and filters are mapped conveniently to the eMotion LV1 live mixing console, serving as the console’s channel strip.
Finally, you get a set of ‘Focus’ presets, created for different sources, which highlight the most important controls you should be focusing on to achieve your current task.
No matter what musical genre you are working with, Scheps Omni Channel will help you stay focused while you mix, quickly audition sonic characters with just a few clicks, customize your signal flow easily in one interface, and be confident that the sounds you fashion ‘sit’ together beautifully and cohesively.
- Designed with Grammy-winning mixer Andrew Scheps (Adele, Jay Z, Metallica, Red Hot Chili Peppers)
- Flexible channel strip plugin based on Andrew’s tried and tested processing combinations
- Pre, compression, EQ and gating modules, each with diverse options for sonic flexibility
- DS² module: so much more than a de-esser, with 2 full-range bands and 4 filter types
- Insert slot: Load an extra Waves plugin anywhere in the channel strip
- Drag and drop any module anywhere in the channel strip
- Internal MS/Duo/Stereo routing per module
- Stereo component provides full discrete control over each channel
- Flexible shaping of internal or external sidechain input
- Zero latency
- ‘Focus’ presets designed by Andrew to focus you on what’s important
- Artist presets by Tony Visconti, Billy Bush, Ken ‘Pooch’ Van Druten & more